"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 21 August 2015

To bloom

It's hard to know why some parents walk away from their children. Some opt out early. Other's later. Sometimes it's addiction, mental illness, or a combination of factor's. With the lack of commitment in relationships today sometimes home environments become unbearable, complex, abusive and children opt to leave. The reality is there are teens today who do not have a home. They live with the contents of their lives in a backpack and stay at a friends house - until it is time to move on. Hopefully they have another friend - whose home they can stay in and that it too is a safe place. Maybe they can surf enough couches until they graduate. Sometimes they get a job and drop out like one of the teen's I became familiar with last summer. His father had opted out when he was born. There were problems and the day came when he couldn't go back to his mother. He was alone and did not have other family member's who could step in, help, nourish, love, and guide. I don't know why some parents walk away but I'm not here to judge what just is. To be human is at times to fail. I know I have. My daughter and I have a peaceful, happy home. We have food and clothes. I have gratitude for what I have. All kids need food, shelter, clothes and love and in return they give the gift of a flower.

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Nothing more wonderful than the gift of a flower from a child. Your home sounds like am amazing and safe place for your child. My heart breaks for all of the children who have nowhere to go. We need a better system in place to provide for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura for your kind words. My heart breaks too for those children. I wish there was another way. How does one inspire people everywhere to become and be loving?

      Delete
  2. Yes. All flowers need care in order to bloom, and children are the most beautiful in the garden of living. You and your daughter as blessed, and are you ever doing a wonderful job of giving her all she needs to become strong to one day go into the world and do what you have done, to her own.

    Blessings Ronda! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I would not be kind enough to call it opting out, but then you're a gentle soul. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    So true. We have some teens in this area that are doing just as you wrote. It is so sad.
    Sending prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla I will be writing more on this. It will also be the subject of my next post.

      Delete