"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 26 February 2012

How to preserve the time?

I had a full and beautiful nine hour sleep last night and upon waking was delighted to sit in bed and feel you moving. You slept through the night with me, and this morning I notice again how your movements are softer and lighter. You are preparing to be born. I rub the oil on my belly and smile, feeling you there, knowing the time separating our meeting is evaporating. I want to catch it and put it in a bottle so that later I can re-visit it in my memory and perhaps this is what I am trying to do with words. I cry because I know that once you leave my womb - you will never go back. You are my gift. My baby, while I have carried you in my womb I have prayed for you and now as the time approaches for me to carry you in my arms the prayers on my lips will never fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment