"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 24 February 2012

Placenta Steak and Prego. Books

The stack of pregnancy books by my nightside table is decreasing. My biggest gripe is they all have assumed you have a partner and that they will be there. The odd one will generously allocit a paragraph to the woman who plans to birth alone. However, each had something useful in it even if it was just a diagram or two.

The best was Mind over Labor by Carl Jones. He says, "  A woman in average physical condition who can relax will almost certainly have a less stressful labour than the most athletic woman who is tense."pg.47. He then discusses the how in practical terms while allowing differences for each woman.

The book I wanted to read but could not locate a library or a used copy is called Placenta: The Gift of Life. My midwife shared with me many benefits to be acquired by consuming the placenta and I found similar online sources as well. She recommended it in pill form. Being a vegetarian this will spare me from deciding do I want it medium-rare or well-done?

No comments:

Post a Comment