"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 7 January 2012

headband with ribbing

Needles used: for ribbing use size 3.00mm circular needles and for the rest of headband use 4mm circular needles.
Yarn used: Smart Superwash Sandness Garn Yarn
Gauge: 18 sts and 30 rows = 4" in stocking st
Cast on 105 sts. knit ribbing (k1 p1 k1 p1) for 1.25"
 Knit 2". You can make this as simple as you want by knitting with one color or adding in a personal pattern.
Knit ribbing again for 1.25".
Cast off.

This is my 14 year old nephew who commented right away that it was "scratchy". The next one I make for him or any other child/teen will be acrylic and in the future wool will be reserved strictly for wool lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment