"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 5 January 2012

Birthing song

I am collecting a list of songs that I want to put together to play when I am birthing. This one is so good it made me cry. Its by Colbie Caillat and its called Capri. She sings it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6HXmTuu50 and its beautifully set to soft music and the words come through gentle and strong and sweet. Here are some of the lyrics.

She's got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight
Just so she knows
She's sleeping so
safely to keep
her growing.

Oh when she'll open her eyes
there'll be no surprise
she'll grow to be
so beautifully
just like her mother
that's carrying

Oh Capri
She's beauty
there is an angel growing peacefully
oh Capri
sweet baby

I am going to collect a list of songs. If you have a suggestion or one you love please add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment