"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Helping bc kids

If you've been following the blog you will know that back in August I had a open studio where I donated 40 percent of my earnings to bc kids without homes. I got a lot of support and in the weeks after the sale I mailed two very full boxes of new clothes that were distributed to these kids. Two of these kids will be finished their grade twelve at the end of this term in early February and are looking for employment. At Christmas time I received word about a girl who stole a hoody because she needed one. I sent the remaining money to my mother who purchased used black hoodies and coats in various sizes in good condition from thrift stores. She laundered them up and they are crammed into this box and she will mail them and they will be distributed as needed to these kids. If you are one of the people who bought at the open studio and you are reading this thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me in my dream to share love with them.
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am going to enjoy following your story. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete