"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 11 January 2015

Fallen

In the early seventies my cabin was built between two second growth cedar trees. The cabin fits neatly between them. One at each end. Years ago in a violent storm the top of one of the tree's came down in a storm and heavily damaged the cabin. But that's another story. Last winter the snag with its broken top attracted the attention of the pileated woodpecker but this winter the bird hasn't been back. Because of the snag's mammoth girth and close proximity to the cabin last week I paid to have it taken down. The climber/faller made it known that he was single and I was glad for the presence of other islanders, some who accompanied him and another who happened to come by to see me when the action got started. I don't blame him for trying after all there is not a lot if any woman to choose from. The island is very quiet right now. The wood was bone dry. I chopped some up and started a fire in the stove for the evening.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment