"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 6 November 2014

Tonight

It's 5:51pm and I'm knitting the first toddler sock. I have the whole entire beautiful evening to knit. (Picture taken in daylight) I've got my thermos of tea and I'm sitting under my LED lamp. I know this pattern. That is why I knit the first pair for myself. Now I just have to make everything a whole lot smaller. As I knit I keep noticing I'm holding my breath. I remind myself that I've made a calculated guess before I cast on. I knit for awhile. Everything seems to be going really well. After all the leg part is just a tube. As long as I get the width right it will fit. The real question is how are things going to go on the short rows of the gusset heel? I know that once I nail that...I'm good. Everything else will be just fine. As long as I remember to keep breathing.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment