"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 12 November 2014

If I were a hummingbird

"It is a matter of surprise to many persons to see the great amount of energy of mind and personal exertion that women will make under the most adverse circumstances in this country. I have marked with astonishment and admiration acts of female heroism, for such it may be termed in women,...(as they) perform tasks from which many men would have shrunk....they have resolutely set their own shoulders to the wheel, and bourne the burden with unshrinking perseverance unaided; forming a bright example to all around them, and showing what can be done when the mind is capable of overcoming the weakness of the body." Catherine Par Trail, A Canadian Settler's Guide. I think the same could be said about hummingbird females in general but as I watch the Anna's and how they approach life outside my window during this cold snap we are having; I think it is specifically applicable to them. These girls are hardy, brave and gutsy. Yet they live so unaware of themselves, and in that they have a sweet humility. This is what makes them so beautiful and desirable.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment