"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 6 August 2014

When love was measured in firewood

The sun hasn't yet touched the corner of the yard where I am working. I am splitting wood again. The blocks are big. Each one when split fills the wheelbarrow. With each swing I am straining. I hate this maul. I remember reading stories of how things were in days gone by. Before a man left home he split enough firewood to last his family until his return. It's been three years on Monday that he's been gone and the firewood is long gone. I guess it's time to buy myself a splitting maul. I wish I could buy a new heart to.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I was left alone to raise 2 sons once. I remember driving by a doctors office that had a sign out front for a heart surgeon, I almost went in to ask if they repaired broken hearts(you think strange thoughts when you heart is bleeding:)
    In time my dear.....God heals the brokenhearted. He really does.
    I remember a friend telling me that she finally felt whole after her husband left, I couldn't believe her words at the time, but she was right. Time healed over the wound, yet from this wound great love for Christ and others bloomed within my heart. I will pray for you.
    Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete