"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Learning to Simplify

"Who needs the highchair?" I asked Babygirl. I had dumped a bowl of soup on the rug under the kitchen table the night before and needed to finish cleaning it up and that's when my nearly new vacuum freshly off warranty used maybe 20x with no scratches from a well known box store that sells lots of other wonderful, high quality items wouldn't stay running. Now I was making old-fashioned oatmeal porridge for breakfast and because I hadn't made it in awhile I looked on the label for instructions. But the label on the package said macaroni! It was Robert Browning who said, "Less is more." The rug was supposed to make our life better. But like many things that are supposed to simplify they only complicate. With the rug gone and Babygirl in her highchair I sat down to eat my half cooked cereal. At least if I throw it on the floor I can clean it up.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment