"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Why I knit sweaters

I don't like to shop - I would rather knit. Most of the time I know what I like and what makes me comfortable. This baby doll type knitted sweater I just finished knitting. It was knit in the round on circular needles and it is mercerized cotton. I followed a worn out factory made sweater for my pattern - which is another reason why I knit. I like my clothes to last and when something happens and a sleeve frays or I get a hole I like to be able to fix it. Is it possible to mend a garment too much?

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that is beautiful, Ronda. I enlarged the picture to really check it out. The detail work is exquisite and there are those flowers that I love so much. I am truly in awe of your talent...and I totally get why you do it. It's the exact reason why I DIY for my home. I know what I want and I would just rather make it than shop all over the place. Plus I get pleasure out of the process...unless it involves my sewing machine! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. The sweater front and the back are knit the same. There are no short rows in the back. Sometimes I put a label in so that I can tell which is the front but this time the flower seemed to work. For some it may be simpler to buy a sweater but for me it means knitting my own. Ronda

      Delete
  2. That is a darling top you have knit! You really do know how to make things last.I do agree with you, quality clothing is so much better, especially if it can be repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on my blog reading, Ronda. Your sweater is so pretty. I the neckline and how you layered the colors. I admire your talent. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy there is a funny story there. The brown yarn ended at that point and while I could have probably bought another skein I opted not too- mercerized cotton is after all expensive. So instead I used what I had on hand - pastel leftovers from baby items I knit for my daughter. Thank you for your visit. I always enjoy them! Hugs to you! Ronda

      Delete