"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Tuesday 9 May 2017

The friendship of flowers

Time spent with reemerging flowers is like spending time with old friends. A long friendship outlasts the changes that time bring's to one another's lives. It is a joy to be in each other's presence. Primroses have graced the fringes of the shaded pathways in my yard for years. The blooms come early and they last a long time. Now that they are finally gone I know that early spring is past yet memories of the beauty of their friendship continue to warm my heart. The time spent amongst them is well spent. They remind me that so much of the richness of this life comes in the process of connection. The forget-me-nots are blooming now along the pathway amongst the fading primroses and I linger with these carefree flowers whose little faces remind me of the coming summer skies of blue.

5 comments:

  1. Primroses are wonderful - they don't really like it here in my sort of landscape, so I really enjoy them when I see them happy and thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful, Ronda. I don't have either of those in my area...but am hoping to get a nice little garden established once we get into a new place.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your sweet daughter- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way about emerging flowers, Ronda, and said so to my husband when the first blooms showed up this spring. They truly are like "old friends". I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone who is wondering - primroses in my part of the world do best in shade or filtered morning light. They naturalize well with ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand perfectly Ronda, what a blessing to enjoy their bountiful blooms early in the spring, when color is so eagerly anticipated. Yes, summer is coming, and spring will soon be gone, amazing how fast the seasons pass!

    ReplyDelete