"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Wild Green's and Onion Pie

In blender put: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tablespoons milk powder, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 of a small onion chopped into large chunks, 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into large chunks, 1/2 cup wild harvested greens ( I use chickweed or cleavers as they are readily available. Other green's would be nettles, dandelions etc. I also use kale.) You should have approximately 1 3/4 cups after blending. Blend until smooth. Pour into an unbaked 9" pie crust. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350- 375. I serve it cold with potato's and a salad.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great way to eat some greens! Your wild onion pie is probably the most unique pie I've seen. I'll save your recipe, it sounds pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. The picture doesn't accurately show the colour- it's a bright spring green. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. My daughter's newest obsession is kale...this is a great way for me to serve it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted that you are going to give it a try!

      Delete