"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Why?

The other day my daughter and I went to the beach on a specific mission. She wanted to collect green pebbles. The fog swirled around us like thick shower steam. There wasn't much we could see beyond the pebbles at our feet. The fog reminded me of questions in life where I don't have the answers. As we walked along gathering an assortment of green pebbles, sea glass and shells the sun began to shine. The fog drifted apart like a curtain in a breeze and suddenly there were tree's, blue sky, a swimming seal, merganser's feeding, and the beach far ahead of us. When we got home the little chubby hands washed and placed them in tidy lines on the cabinet shelf. They remind me of the seascape I saw after the fog lifted. "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Cor.13:12

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Powerful message you shared Ronda! Oh how I have thought the same thing myself as the fog lifts and rolls and moves around, shifting, hiding, and dancing in the mountain breeze, and at times you see clearly, and then, nothing.

    You write poetically. You touch hearts with your gentle deep thoughts. I pray the Lord lifts the fog for you to see the splendid beauty He has for you.

    How sweet that your daughter found sea glass and green pebbles, what a special day! God is so good to us, even in the simple things! Blessings and hugs to you today dear Ronda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda, I always love reading your posts, your shared metaphors, your lessons and thoughts. I live by the sea and am familiar with the fog. I have just never equated it to my life...I will now...and green pebbles? How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for your kind words. Ya - the green pebbles are very pretty. Thanks for your visit! Ronda

      Delete