"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 23 October 2014

The road home

It's been raining a lot and when the sun comes out it dazzles our world. I made a couple loaves of French bread and bean dip. Then we made gingerbread cookies just because we could. I've been thinking about the pioneers. Their determination, self sufficiency, and hardiness is something I admire. I haven't been to town in a month and I need to go. And it's not just for toilet paper..... A hummingbird showed up at the feeder that has been vacant for months. I wonder if this little bird plans to over winter. The temperature this morning was 9 degrees celsius; that's our coolest morning yet but the cabin is warm and there is always cookies to be had.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment