"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 1 October 2014

goodbye

I've had this ford truck for 12+ years as far as I can figure out. Last spring it needed more than a battery; although it needed that to. While I was trying to figure out why it wouldn't stay running the driver's door suddenly stopped latching. That was a bit of a surprise. The truck hadn't been running very well and with every trip I had wondered if it was the last. So now the truck that is older than myself is being barged back to the mainland for scrap metal. I will miss the truck. Going along for the one way ride is my old wood stove (it sure is nice not to have that lurking around my back gate anymore) and the washing machine I broke some time ago from which I learned that you cannot use unfiltered rainwater in them. We are ok. My arms are strong and the wheelbarrow tire is not flat. What lasts forever? I like this answer found in a quote by a pioneer woman. "The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment