"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 2 March 2014

Hummus from sprouted garbanzos

I am working on learning new ways of preparing low cost nutritious food. In the winter I have the wood stove to cook on but during warmer months I use a propane stove. Making hummus from sprouted garbanzos really makes sense for me especially during the warm months. This is how I make it: I measure 1 cup of garbanzo beans and soak overnight. I rinse them 3 times a day for 3-4 days. When I see a 1/4 " sprout it's time to make hummus. In several small batches I grind them up in the blender adding just enough water to make the blades spin. Each batch gets emptied into a bowl. In one batch I add 1 or 2 garlic cloves. I blend each batch until it is smooth which is about 30 seconds with my blender. After I'm done blending I add the juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon, 3 Tbsp virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt and salt, coriander and cumin to taste. Delicious!!
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment