"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 17 March 2014

Finding Patience

I thought I was a patient person until I became a parent and then I realized I am not as patient as I think I am. These are some things I've learned and for what their worth I'm passing them on. It is alot easier to be patient when I've had enough sleep. It's also easier if I don't have some sort of ache or pain. I do my best to take care myself and when the hard days come I focus only on that day. Forget tomorrow. It's easier to have patience when I submit myself to God. I will do this before I even get out of bed and I will pray throughout the day especially on the ones when I'm struggling. God does meet our needs. It's easier to have patience when I'm not trying to do to much. Days when I am working, then absorbed in chores are more difficult than days when I don't work. Forget multitasking. Give myself extra time for everything. It is important to remind myself that my daughter is not a miniature adult. She needs me to be calm. Being mad teaches my daughter sin but responding in love leads her closer to righteousness. James 1:19-20 "My dear brothers, take note of this: everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for mans anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment