"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 16 March 2013

In folklore daffodils are associated with lost love. Today as a cancer symbol it is a flower of hope. The squirrels did a number on me and packed off all my bulbs except this clump....little pests... I looked on google and apparently all parts of the flower are mildly poisonous. Many people have mistaken the bulb for that of an onion although it lacks the taste or scent of one. I'll leave you with the words of William Wordsworth which I loved and memorized as a child. "I wondered lonely as a cloud that floats on high over vales and hills, when all at once I saw a host of golden daffodils; beside the lake, beneath the trees, fluttering in the breeze. Continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle on the milky way, they stretched in never-ending line along the margin of a bay; ten thousand saw I at a glance, tossing their heads in sprightly dance. The waves beside them danced; but they out-did the sparkling waves in glee. A poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company: I gazed and gazed but little thought what wealth the show to me had brought. For oft, when on my couch I lie in vacant or in pensive mood, they flash upon that inward eye which is the bliss of solitude; and then my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils". Evidently there weren't any squirrels at that bay...
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment