"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 9 September 2019

Where is the monarch? - part two


My daughter caught a viceroy in our yard- and she gave it to me -you can see the actual butterfly on the right. I was so very pleased that I sketched it. I believe we saw a viceroy out our screened door the day that I wrote about in my first post. Year's ago I did a weaving of a monarch as a commission for a private client. I only had pictures to look at and since than I have always had a secret longing to see a live one. The viceroy which is called a monarch mimic and which I have never seen before either did not live at our island home on the west coast. I am so thankful for this east coast blessing.
Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. You might enjoy this information compiled by an island woman who has a monarch garden.

    https://gardensoftheworld.net/monarch/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these butterflies. I am always excited when I see them. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful butterfly. You have such talent.

    ReplyDelete