"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 30 July 2018

Vegan Salal Berry Crumble Recipe


The crumble topping; 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup solid coconut oil. The Salal filling is; 1 cup salal berries, 2 Tablespoons water, 2 Tablespoons white sugar. Grease 8 x8 baking dish. Mix ingredients for filling in a bowl. Use a different bowl for the crumb topping. Use two knives to cut in the coconut oil. Put salal filling in bottom and sprinkle crumble topping on top. Bake 350 for 25 mins. I have no grass in my yard thanks to the native salal berry bush with its moderate growth. I trim it back where I do not want it. I find hand pruner's simpler than a lawn mower or a weed eater and over the years I have had no problems with this approach.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment