"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 16 July 2018

My bamboo dip pen

I snipped some green bamboo with my secateurs, trimmed it to my liking and sharpened it with a pocket knife. I dipped it in a water based blue ink and was surprised! There is probably a lot of wonderful advice online about bamboo dip pens but I never bothered to look. It's straight forward - simple and so beautiful that I love it. I use it for my shopping lists, draw with it, and I wrote a cheque with it. I dropped it on the floor and have yet to re-sharpen it. It hold's a reasonable amount of ink and glides across paper like a soaring bird. I may never buy another discardable pen again.

Sent from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawing. I would never have thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! And I take it you just trim and sharpen it until it gets too short, and then start over with a new one.... Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings are lovely. I am definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your implement is lovely and so are your drawings. Hoping you are enjoying summer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad to see you are still keeping your blog going. I got super busy- we moved onto a 40 acre place way out in the country this year. Our house is bigger than I wanted but still I’m having to be creative making a space for my art studio. Your simple life is an inspiration and a goal for me. For one thing because of you I’m thinking about knitting my own socks. It’s annoying how fast store bought ones wear out and you can fix hand made socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa Thanks for your encouraging comment. I'm so happy for you! It must be an amazing adventure. Living simply is just who I am. As for the socks - I will be posting about those soon. Thanks for your reply. It is nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  6. Do you have bamboo in your yard? I’d like to do this but don’t have bamboo plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have bamboo in my yard but I have a contact where I got it from. It grow's quickly and some species can be invasive. It also works very well for staking up plants. It takes years for it to rot.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete