"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 13 November 2016

Driftwood candlestick holder

After giving away my antique glass candlestick holders I was momentarily left wondering what to use for a candle stick holder. I burn beeswax candles that I make as a lighting source. Than I remembered the neat piece of driftwood I had picked up on the beach some time ago. I checked the baby jogger and it was still there. I drilled a 7/8 hole and than put in one of these brass candle cup inserts that I bought online from Lee Valley. Even with shipping and taxes this candle stick holder cost me exactly 3.00 and I still have a handful of inserts. Beautiful! I can make more.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love it- perfect for an Island mom's home! What a sweet piece. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is awesome! Using your own beeswax candles is awesome too! I think it makes an amazing centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete