"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 11 September 2016

Vegan Hummus Recipe

My daughter loves this hummus. It's creamy and subtly seasoned. It get's it's creaminess from the oatmeal. If you are interested in how I make oatmeal milk check out my March 3, 2015 post titled Cell phones, blogging and making milk. For the hummus you will need; 1/4 cup of oatmeal ( any kind) soaked overnight in enough water to cover them, 1 cup cooked garbanzo's, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 very small garlic clove. Put everything in the blender and add a touch of water so that the blades will spin. Blend until smooth.

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ronda! I have missed you and have been away from blogging for a while as we deal with hubby's cancer and recovery. The humus sounds good- my grands love humus of any kind!

    I hope you and your daughter are both doing well. I have thought of you many times in the last few months. God bless you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something my own daughter would like...hoping all is well and you are enjoying the late summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very delightful, Rhonda♥hugs♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this does sound delightful! Thanks for sharing your recipe, a great way to have a nice healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete