"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 29 August 2016

Morning Psalm

I set the alarm for 5:40 a.m. This is the first summer with my daughter that I have found it necessary to do this. The other year's she was my alarm. It was dark when I was awakened by the ringing on my cellphone. I put my headlamp on and I followed my daughter downstairs where we hurriedly dressed under the beaming light. We put our sandals on and than we slipped outside. Although it was dusky I left the lamp behind in the cabin. We hurried through the dark trees to the beach. It was a low tide and there were still little twinkling lights on the mainland hills. We walked east slowly toward's them on the beach. My daughter began to collect shells in a bag. The sky began to quickly light up until even the wet beach under our feet glowed in the red of morning. A raven in a wind twisted fir watched with us or was it watching us? Somewhere across the water, loons were calling. "Your righteousness, God, reaches the skies. You have done great things; there is no one like you." Psalm 71:19
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda ☺ Sounds like such a beautiful morning. That scripture is beautiful too ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to greet the morning, along with the raven watching! Such special moments and times you are sharing with your daughter! I love the beautiful scripture you shared... oh the joy of praising the Lord as we witness HIS amazing creation! Hugs to you and your sweet little one :)

    ReplyDelete