"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 17 July 2016

A new ribbing stitch

I was attempting to learn a look alike cable ribbing stitch from a knitting dictionary. I never did master that one instead I came up with this one. It's simple and fits easily into the rhythm of my pattern. Cast on an even number of stitches. Row 1: *purl two sts., knit two sts., repeat from * to end of row. Row 2: repeat row 1. You are knitting the knit stitches and purling the purl stitches. Row 3: *purl two stitches, k2tog but do not slip off needle, insert right hand needle between these 2 stitches and knit the first stitch again, slipping both stitches off needles together. Repeat from * to end of row. Row 4: repeat row 1. This stitch has given me joy while doing my annual sock knitting task. I always knit a new pair usually for myself and several pairs for my daughter. As I sit barefoot knitting the next pair I feel the glory of summer content knowing we will have warm socks for whatever lies ahead.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Ronda! I can knit and purl my way through a scant...cable ribbing is beyond me at the moment! I love the pairs you have made, great colors. Cute toes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim Good for you on the knitting! Like everything else cables whether real or not just take practice. There are many ways and many different stitches that can be used to knit socks and this is absolutely fascinating to me. I didn't know that you knit and I think that's wonderful. Ronda

      Delete