"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Brooms and birds

There is always much to say but little time to put my thoughts together and say it. There is a pot of blooming hyacinths on my back deck and the sweet, perfumed air makes me dilly dally with the broom when I sweep back there. It is then that I forget about whether or not I will finish everything that needs to get done for the day. Speaking about brooms I was paid to clean a cabin where there was no broom or mop so my daughter and I walked back home to borrow mine. The back lane was alive with the wingbeats of birds and when we got home we watched a male, audubon yellow-rumped warbler darting like a butterfly after insects in the elderberry. These birds are always on the move like a baby who has learned to crawl. The warbler true to its nature quickly moved on and I was reminded to keep myself in motion. The whirling wings of spring sing of the constant movement the season brings.

10 comments:

  1. Love the blue hyacinth blooming! I agree that its fragrance is intoxicating! Taking time to appreciate the beauty of this flower is not wasting time :) It is wonderful that you are able to enjoy the small sweet things of life, even watching the birds as they do their business. However, it is not a bad thing to "dilly dally" when you are enjoying the beautiful creation of the Lord :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a luxury to linger. I have a thing for blue flowers- they seem so mysterious. Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  2. AMEN Ronda! First of all, I have a vase of hyacinths in my kitchen. A natural deodorizer for a cook such as myself who uses lots of garlic! The perfume is invigorating, inviting me to keep a tidy kitchen. And the wingbeats of birds? Absolutely a reason to dance through the day, cleaning, primping, just BREATHING. Enjoy your day (and your blue hyacinths are terrific!) Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that having them in your kitchen is a fantastic idea after all most of us myself included spend a lot of time there. I think there are many things we can learn from the birds. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Hyacinths are uniquely beautiful. Your photo is gorgeous. Stopping our work to linger and drink in the sights and sounds around us is a joy; a gift from God. I'm glad you enjoyed the warbler and the hyacinth. I love your writing, Ronda. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy and thank you for your positive and encouraging comments. They are like sunshine to me.

      Delete
  4. The air is so fragrant this time of year, isn't it? So many lovely and super colorful flowers blooming. It's a nice encounter after the cold, dark...very long winter! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. You are so right. Often I am curious what kind of flowers other's love. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Spring a time for renewal! I am working on my ideas for my new garden stand. I am really excited about what this growing season may bring. And I say may bring, because we never know what the weather will be like. :-) But all of it is a gift from God!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete