"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 11 October 2012

The rest of the story

Last night after a 1 am nursing I heard what sounded like numerous mice running and chewing on the colemon coolers outside the bedroom window on the new deck. Having decided to break an avoidance habit of mine I got up and under the glare of my headlamp dug out traps and baited them with peanut butter. I set the traps in a cardboard box and opened the door. Now imagine my surprise when I found it drizzling on my new roof. But the story doesn't end. I set up my trapline and in the morning they were empty although one was missing. There were large, muddy dog prints surrounding where the trap had once been. I wonder if he went home with a trap attached to his nose.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment