"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 5 October 2012

Surviving thanksgiving part one

As the weekend begins I find the struggle to survive it increasing. Last night I found through a blog someone who had experienced greater loss than my own. It induced a perspective. Loss and rejection bring the age old question of what do you do with the pain? In the poem The Invitation it asks "....I want to know if you can sit with pain mine or your own without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it......" Raw and wind whipped is what comes to mind. Does it lesson the pain by dwelling on it? Or did the arthur merely mean acknowledging it?
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment