Constant

image0.jpegOne of the most thrilling aspects of living in the bush is the encounters with the wild animals and birds who are our neighbours. One morning while out for a walk my daughter and I were about a quarter km from home. We left the woods and walked about 800 feet when we heard a lone wolf howling from where we had just been. Wolves are creatures of the woods, we rarely see them but hear them regularly and see their footprints. Had it seen us? Had it followed us before?

Another thrilling aspect of living here is the proximity of wildflowers. I really haven’t bothered to plant flowers, I don’t need too- they are all around us. 

Most of them have finished blooming but there are still asters. The one I drew is panicled aster (symphyotrichum lanceolatum). If you run your finger along the edge of a leaf it is very sharp. It’s hard to see with my eyes but under the microscope I can see very fine teeth. 

Living here has its challenges too, especially for me, I have chronic Lyme and am anemic. There is no man around to depend upon; but there is God who provides for me and my teenage daughter. He is reliable and his care constant.
Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts