"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 4 November 2022

Remembering

Some of you may remember several years ago an image of a cotton tea towel I designed and wove.  Last winter I designed another and wove some more. The day I put it on the line in my backyard seemed perfect. The sky was the perfect shade of blue but no matter now long I stood there the wind wasn't strong enough to blow the edge of the towel over so you could see the other side. So I will tell you that the other side is different and it is paler. While I was standing there I did notice subtle things about the way the cloth moved in the slight breeze. And because it's a textile you will have to imagine it's softness but also the crispness and the pattern as I know that by the time this picture makes it onto the blog the fine details in it have become obscure.  

With every towel I weave I am reminded of these words," Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment