"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 22 February 2020

Bark Beige

Bark beige is the colour I see driving by unknown tree's around me on this east coast island. It's also the colour of this handwoven tea towel. I was reading through the legal paperwork for the cottage and I read the words- in the year of our Lord. It was referring to part of the legal description for a date. It made me pause and think. Was there a time when it was mainstream belief that time did belong to God? I searched through my legal documents from my BC cabin paperwork and found no such wording. Had there ever been? I changed my carrot muffin recipe and this is the updated version. In a mixing bowl add 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. In a second bowl add in 1 cup loosely grated carrots, 1 large egg, 1/4 cup oil, 3/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons dry milk powder added in. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and spoon into a greased muffin tin. Bake 375 for 20-25 mins. Makes 12 muffins.  There is a prayer from an old, undated United Church Of Canada prayer book which reads - O heavenly Father, in whom we live and move and have our being: we humbly pray Thee so to guide and govern us by the Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, care's and occupations of our daily life, we may never forget Thee, but remember that we are ever walking in Thy sight, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.








Sent from my iPho

6 comments:

  1. The muffin recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipe, Ronda! We have several documents with the wording In the year of our Lord ____ on them. One is my first marriage license.

    What a beautiful tea towel and presentation. Hope you are doing well and that your sweet daughter is growing and flourishing. Love to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that somewhere recently too. The Year of Our Lord. It made my heart bigger. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bark beige is a lovely color, and your phrasing is welcome, about time belonging to God. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful towel! Lovely prayer! I too believe all time belongs to God!

    ReplyDelete