"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 26 April 2019

Tuesday


When I arrived at the cottage I bought unseen on Prince Edward Island I was afraid of getting the U-Haul truck stuck in the pretty red muddy driveway so I backed it off the road and thankfully it was dry there.  Than, I began to pack everything up the driveway into the cottage. I had brought my wheelbarrow with me and as soon as I unpacked it I used it. The next day I was blessed with sufficient strength to pack both the treadle sewing machine that is in a cabinet and a china cabinet that is taller than myself up the driveway and up several stairs before entering the cottage. After two days of unpacking I had unloaded everything except my 500 pound, six foot long floor loom. Five men loaded the loom for me. I'm just a middle aged woman so what was I going to do? I prayed trusting when the time came God would show me how.  The night before I needed to unload it I saw what to do. A north west wind was blowing hard and in the morning the soft ground would be frozen. It was minus four at daybreak. I backed up the truck and extended the ramp onto the deck. Using cardboard and some small appliance rollers I pushed and slid the loom. From the ramp onto the deck and up into the house I lifted one end of the loom and I was given sufficient  strength to lift it high enough so I could continue to slide it. "I will strengthen you and help you." Isaiah 41: 10. On this same day I needed to return the U-Haul and purchase a vehicle as there is no taxi or bus service where I live. I had been watching kijiji for weeks and I had been in contact with the local vehicle insurance company. Within an hour I made the prayerful decision to purchase a used truck. It was well past suppertime when we got back home. The next morning we experienced our first atlantic spring snow storm. It was snowing and there were high winds. I was so thankful to be home and not on the roads.  I will remember this move forever and I hope my daughter does to. The love of God towards me shows me what He wants me to be.

Sent from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. I love the triumph in your story!

    You bought a cottage unseen? Wow.

    How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. every day I have looked for a post to see that you are well
    You are a strong woman
    God is good and he will never leave you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord does provide either with the answer or the solution when we ask and trust Him! So thankful for His care and protection of you, and that you made it there safely before the spring snow storm arrived! Welcome to PEI! I pray that there are kind folks there you will meet and be kind and gracious friends to you. Islanders are usually very kind and welcoming. Your cottage looks nice just from the one picture you shared, hoping that it is suitable for your needs! Thankful you have a truck now too! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you made it there safely and were able to unpack. Sounds like a huge job. I hope you’ve been resting since, as you acclimate yourself to your new home. Please keep us posted! Sending you thoughts and prayers for only wonderful days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you erase my address at your earliest convenience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie I deleted your post as requested. I will email you. Ronda

      Delete
  6. Wow! And you're now on the other side of the continent?! Bravo! And glory to God for, as you say, "showing you what He wants you to be," and I daresay, giving you adequate strength, grace, and intelligence to take step after step, day after day.

    This is awfully exciting. You can bet your daughter will remember it. It will be interesting, years from now, to find that she remembers things you didn't even notice! Many blessings, Dear Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete