"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 2 January 2019

When Christmas isn’t perfect


If I could have changed things- I would have but it was something beyond my control. There was nothing to do but accept the fact that christmas wasn't going to be perfect. And when I did I began to see a little beauty. I saw it in the face of my excited daughter and in the things around us like the advent wreath we made with fresh holly berries and fir evergreen boughs. I saw it in the white lights on the Christmas tree and in the cake we baked and decorated together. I felt grace fill my heart as I read luke's biblical account and as I contemplated the Christmas story it became a Spirit filled Christmas. It filled me with joy, and the peace that I so desperately needed. I learned that "Peace on earth" Luke 2:14 isn't just about the first advent - it's for me and anyone else who needs it now - anytime of the year.

Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. This was the first Christmas without my mom. Needless to say it wasn't perfect, so like you, I tried to find beauty in the season where I could. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is not made up of perfect moments, but rather joy is found in being blessed by the little things that speak greatly to our hearts! You found the true joy of Christmas by taking joy in the simple things! I can't imagine Mary and Joseph feeling too terribly thrilled about the turn of events that caused them to be in a stable when Jesus was born, but then, when they looked into his little face, joy must have reigned in their hearts, in spite of their pitiful circumstances. I think God delights in this! YOU found the true meaning of Christmas, I do believe :) Blessings and hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found this post. Life never is perfect,is it? All the plans and preparations we make sometimes fall flat before they have had time to launch.
    God bless you and your sweet daughter. She must be getting to be such a big girl now. Crazy!!! Blessings to you,sweet girl. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I anticipated Christmas and prepared for it - made Christmas crackers for us all to pop around the table! We travelled to my son's house. Then I got a stomach flu all day on Christmas Day and couldn't even sit at the table or eat anything! What a Christmas! It's so good to just be thankful for the good God gives us, and accept the bad and learn patience from it. I'm glad you found beauty in your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete