"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 15 November 2018

Why wool?




I wash my laundry on a scrub board and hang it up to dry on a wire, metal fence. The woolen items are always first to dry - no matter how big, heavy and water logged they may be. This difference is especially noticeable on cool, overcast day's. So when I needed a new winter skirt I chose some New Zealand wool yarn and wove up some yardage. I used my antique treadle sewing machine to sew it on. Handmade clothes - if made reasonably well last a very long time. When it does wear out I will feed it to my wild red wringers in the composting bin.  
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous skirt!! I would love to learn how to make clothes. At this point it's not a skill I possess, but maybe someday. But seriously that skirt is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I am so happy to see a post from you, Ronda. It is always a delight to visit you. You are amazing! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete