"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 21 October 2018

To cover or not?



A year ago I read this in my bible, "out of respect for the heavenly angels who are in attendance at worship, women ought to wear something on their heads." 1 Cor. 11:10 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, "ALL scripture is God-breathed." Isn't it dangerous when you start taking out parts of the bible because it doesn't fit into the culture of our day? Or because it isn't something that you want to do?
I began to wonder - was I missing out on a blessing because I wasn't wearing a covering? I decided to give it a try for a year. It wasn't easy to sew a covering that I felt comfortable wearing. I do not wear it all the time but I do wear it most of the time. What did I learn? It encouraged greater simplicity in my attire and I pray more. I hope that when other's see me they will consider their own relationship with God. I wish that I had started wearing a covering many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment