"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 12 February 2018

Another lap blanket and ingratitude



The comment I received from the recipient of the first lap blanket I wove was this,"It is four times too small and not thick enough." There was no thank you. What do you do with unkindness of this sort? My reaction is to give less and I have asked myself -why am I so self centred? Perhaps it is a natural reaction with the human heart.  It has helped me to be more gracious and I am thankful for that. Still - sometimes I know it would be easier not to give. But the pattern of love that God has given to us - the love I have experienced from Him - the scripture I have read - all agree that genuine love is beyond the self centred human mind and emotions. Renewal comes from Him and in His time he will heal me - again. This is a miracle and clear evidence to His existence, love and care. The lap blanket size is: 32" long by 39" wide. It's a size I think is perfect and soon I will weave a few for my studio/kitchen.
Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a perfect size for a lap blanket to me, and from what I can see your blankets are beautiful. Sometimes it is really hard to be nice in the face of ingratitude. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This individual did not complain about my edges - which in weaving is actually a complement. It took me awhile to realize that. Thanks Laura for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, that must have been a tough pill to swallow, but you did so quite graciously, and learned a lesson too. I think all your work is so amazing, and I can't imagine someone being ungrateful for the hard efforts you put into your creations. The lap blanket size sounds perfect to me too :) Hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilyn "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 This is what has come to mind recently. I feel that I need to leave the results to God. Indeed I have learned that when I focus less on myself and more on doing God's will than I am less likely to get hurt by someone's ingratitude.

    ReplyDelete