"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Lap blanket dimensions?

I wove this lamp blanket from my hand painted wool. However - I am puzzled. What size is a lap blanket? I looked on google but I thought the dimensions were too big - closer to what I would consider half an afghan. Is there such a thing? Maybe not. What I want from a lap blanket is for it not to touch the floor. Yes, it means my feet are not covered - but it also means I can get up quickly and easily without getting blanketed by my blanket. However, I was puzzled by what size to make my gift. I'd love to hear your thoughts - do you want your feet covered or uncovered?

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Rhonda, I would not want to trip on my lap robe. If I want something to cover my feet, I'll use a bigger "throw" or a whole blanket :-) I should have something like this near my desktop computer that is in the coldest corner of the house, and where I sometimes get really chilled in the winter if I am there too long trying to finish a blog post! The blanket, that is. It's my feet that get cold, so that I end up using a heating pad under them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was getting chilled thinking about you! I hope you get something warm soon for your computer time. Ronda

      Delete
  2. I do like my feet covered, but I have noticed that lap blankets are often larger than I would like. Yours looks beautiful. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be that some lap blankets are made with the intent of covering two people up at the same time when they are sharing a couch and that is why they are so big? Or maybe it is for 1 person and a very large dog? But I'm not sure on that - don't large dogs generally prefer not to be covered up? Thanks for your thoughts Laura. Ronda

      Delete