"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 17 September 2017

Making paper

I like handmade cards to accompany my purchased weaving's. I used a jigsaw to make my mold and deckle from 1/4" scrap plywood. I really like the greyish-purple color that I got from using dye. I did the papermaking outside which eliminated the mess aspect. In the picture this is the recycled cotton paper cards with matching envelopes drying in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Your talents never cease to amaze me. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty!! I made paper once with a group of homeschoolers including my daughter, and it was really fun. We also did most of our work outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made homemade paper, truly a work of art you have created! Which makes receiving the weavings such a double joy for your customers!

    ReplyDelete