"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Wednesday 29 March 2017

A simple cake

You don't need a freezer or a crumb layer. This is a simple 8" x 3" cake from a Wilton decorating book. My almost five year old daughter made approximately 60 drop flowers ahead of time. We used tip #2D and #78 and the flower centres were tip #5. (The cake colours were yellow and lavender- the camera got it wrong- there was no blue.) There is a shell border I piped on with tip #21 after I iced the cake. It is a chocolate cake with buttercream icing between the layers. The buttercream frosting was applied with the light touch of a spatula and the flowers were simply added on. My daughter loved making the flowers and in her words the cake was, "beautiful!" We celebrated our birthday's and the cake was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to two beautiful girls--a mom and a sweet little one. Your cake is beautiful and what fun that she could help you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. I hope someone will feel inspired to create some beauty - somewhere. Ronda

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you both! Your cakes are always amazing and it is very clear that your daughter has inherited your creative and artistic talents. I wish you both a wonderful year ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful!

    Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make the flowers in advance, I should try that sometime! Your cake is gorgeous! I hate it when the camera picks up the wrong shades. I find that better natural lighting helps with that, but sometimes, colors can still be difficult to capture correctly. Your daughter is very talented, as you are! Happy happy birthday to both of you! May the Lord's richest blessings be with both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly very festive! I was never a good teacher of cake decorating when my children were young - but it is something that children seem to love.

    ReplyDelete