"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Sunday 27 October 2013

The end of night time comfort nursing

It all happened easily (for Babygirl). One night when I unlatched her from my nipple she fussed a bit and when I rubbed her back she went quiet and fell asleep. That was a month ago. It hasn't always happened so quickly. Sometimes she needs a cracker first, or a back rub and always a snuggle. For me it isn't so easy to fall asleep again and I am frequently overtired. When a baby is ready to wean they may or may not wean themselves but with a little encouragement and redirection it will come easily. I'm thankful for rice crackers they don't leave crumbs in the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment