"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Friday 26 April 2013

Order among chaos

When I look at this pebbled beach the ocean has moved the larger pebbles higher. It reminds me there is a order where there seems like none. One march day I watched through my binos the surf scoters (a large black and white sea duck migrating north) I timed them on my wristwatch; forty second dive, followed by twenty seconds up. These seven ducks repeated this rhythm for at least the half an hour I watched them. As I contemplate the subtle patterns that have emerged from beach pebbles and feeding ducks a line from Christina Rossetti comes to mind, "Who has seen the wind? Neither I nor you: but when the leaves hang trembling, the wind is passing through."
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment