"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Saturday 11 December 2021

Love at Christmas?

It's Christmas time and with the season I try to spend my time contemplating the biblical nativity story. Where else in the history of the world can I observe true love? How is it that a heavenly God could love humanity so much that he could send his son, Jesus as an innocent babe among mortals? I've seen and felt the limitations of earthly love. My common law partner couldn't love me enough and that is why I concluded he left me alone with his baby. He expected in me a type of perfection that I didn't have and as far as he could see I could never attain. And than he shunned me and our child. I know about the pain of rejection. I cry because God loves me because I thought and sometimes I still do think I am unloveable. In the last several years since I have posted my world has changed. I have had some family members shun me for what I can conclude is for my unpopular viewpoints. But it isn't these personal hurtful experiences with shunning that motivated me to write this post. I only have told you this so you know that I personally know what it is like to be shunned. But I am writing in reaction to what I read over and over in the news last week. The holiday advice from the provincial government was to only invite the vaccinated. In a season of love how many are going to give hate in the form of shunning? Isn't Christmas the time to at least try to give a love that surpasses mortal definition? What if in giving love it becomes a missed opportunity to transform and elevate one's own spiritual experience? Will I live to bless humanity or to bring shame, fear and pain in the hearts of other's?

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. I think a lot this fear is media generated.

    You are loveable by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear from you after a long absence. But I understand. Christmas blessings to you and your daughter. Please stay safe and healthy and enjoy the wonder of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are back.
    Often wondered how you and your daughter were doing.
    God bless you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you are back.
    Often wondered how you and your daughter were doing.
    God bless you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are back. I saw the pretty blue socks you made for you and your daughter on another post, and hope your Christmas is joy filled. Our Heavenly Father loves you, as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete