"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thursday 28 March 2019

Trust


The moment arrived. It was time to go and get the 15' U-Haul truck I was going to drive across Canada. The actual length of the truck is 25' feet. It was also the smallest truck available. We took a taxi into town. The man at the rental shop patiently explained to me things like how to pull the ramp out of the back of the truck. I jotted down a few notes on my phone like how much air should be in the tires. I payed the bill and he handed me the keys. I buckled my daughter and myself in and we prayed. I needed those prayers as badly as I needed air to breathe. I have never driven a truck like this before. I wonder how I will get this truck on the barge and up the sandy back lane to my cabin and how am I going to drive over 6 thousand kms? That's when I remember I have help from above. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. It's NOT about me. It's about God and HIS strength. The way forward is to trust and drive the truck. One km at a time.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. May the Lord give you strength! Exciting times for you and your daughter! I seen so many lovely photos of that area. It must be beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you Ronda. It's a big truck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6,000 kilometers? That's a big move!

    Can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you'll post a bunch. :)

    ReplyDelete