"Don't wish me happiness I don't expect to be happy all the time....It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Monday 22 July 2019

Bleeding heart


In the moving truck I brought along some of my flowers including bleeding hearts although at the time they were just roots that I packed into a tote. Sometimes it's hard to know when your moving what to bring and what to leave behind. My only regret was not to bring my ladder. But I am glad I brought the flowers. Bleeding hearts remind me of God's love and challenges me to have a heart like Jesus. "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3: 16.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. My bleeding heart plants aren’t as nice as they once were. I miss them at their best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lovely bleeding heart plant in central NC years ago, but I've never been able to get one to thrive since then. I hope yours will do well! They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bleeding Heart and my husband gave me one for a present one year. They don't live very long in our warm climate and I didn't get to have it more than a few years, but just the memory of it once being part of my garden makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete